Re: Wish to learn HTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Nov 15, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:22:33 +0000, Frederick Williams wrote:

    > I wish to learn HTML and would welcome suggestions of books to read, and
    > editors and browsers to employ.
    >
    > TIA

    Learn by doing the hard way. Use notepad and hand code everything.
    As you write the code, continously check your progress.
    http://validator.w3.org/
    When this site finds errors, find out why they are errors and correct.

    http://www.oswd.org/
    This site has a few thousand templates from which you can also learn.

    Always apply the "KISS" rule. "Keep it simple, stupid".
    richard, Nov 15, 2010

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 20:32:24 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:11:49 -0700, richard <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Learn by doing the hard way. Use notepad and hand code everything.
    >>As you write the code, continously check your progress.
    >>http://validator.w3.org/
    >>When this site finds errors, find out why they are errors and correct.

    > LOL, taking HTML advice from Bullshit Bullis?
    > Bad idea.
    >
    > http://www.1littleworld.com/
    > Hmm, let's click on Alphabetical list of oldies.
    >
    > Index of /
    >
    > * cgi-bin/
    >

    > Ok, let me click on cgi-bin.
    >
    > Forbidden
    >
    > You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/ on this server.
    >
    > Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to
    > use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    >

    > Misconfigured in way too many ways.

    Is that the best you can do?
    Try it again in a week and I'll bet you won't even get that much as I just
    cancelled that contract.
    The reason you got what you did is because I pulled the files.
    richard, Nov 16, 2010

  3. [OT] WAS Re: Wish to learn HTML

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:00:20 -0500, Sherm Pendley wrote:

    > Remember, even a broken clock is right twice a day. :)

    Oh? Even digital clocks? :)
    Allodoxaphobia, Nov 17, 2010