Re: Wish to learn HTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 15, 2010.

  1. Frederick Williams wrote:

    > I wish to learn HTML and would welcome suggestions of books to read,
    > and editors and browsers to employ.

    Rather than purchasing books (bound [pun intended] to be outdated), go
    here and begin learning. This is one of the oft-recommended tutorials:
    http://htmldog.com/

    Learn HTML and CSS at the same time so you are not tempted to mix the
    presentation within the HTML - as it was done in the last millennium.

    Write, then validate.
    http://validator.w3.org/
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

    Pre-written templates are not for the beginner. You'll never understand
    what's going on if you use them.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Nov 15, 2010