Re: Wish to learn HTML

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard Wakeford, Nov 15, 2010.

  1. On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 17:22:33 +0000, Frederick Williams wrote:

    > I wish to learn HTML and would welcome suggestions of books to read,

    I learnt all my HTML from the book by Elizabeth Castro. The latest (6th
    Edition) is called HTML, XHTML & CSS. Very well explained with plenty of
    examples and pictures, and she takes you from the very beginning. Then I
    just wrote and practiced with a programme that I've forgotten on Windows
    and BBEdit on the Mac for the last three years when I moved over. Hand
    coding is the best way. It's fun too, although I've only done two easy and
    fairly small sites. Sticking around in this newsgroup will pay dividends
    too. You can learn a heck of a lot just by reading many of the replies.
    Richard Wakeford, Nov 15, 2010