Re: Workaround To Add Value To TextArea

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rami Chowdhury, Nov 25, 2009.

  1. --------
    Rami Chowdhury
    "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
    408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)

    On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 07:19, Victor Subervi <> wrote:
    > Hi;
    > I've noticed that html doesn't support a "value" attribute for textarea. I
    > have a form in which I enable users to edit data they've entered into my
    > database, and one of the data is a textarea. How do I fill the textarea with
    > the value, or what kind of workaround can I create?

    Hi Victor,

    You'll find the textarea and input tags differ significantly, even
    though they're both typically used in HTML forms. The W3C page has a
    fair overview of how various parts of HTML forms work in HTML 4.01,
    and it's roughly accurate for XHTML up to 1.1 as well:
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html

    HTH,
    Rami

    Rami Chowdhury, Nov 25, 2009

  2. Rami Chowdhury

    Jitish Guest

    On Nov 25, 8:27 pm, Rami Chowdhury <> wrote:
    > --------
    > Rami Chowdhury
    > "Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
    > 408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)
    >
    > On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 07:19, Victor Subervi <> wrote:
    > > Hi;
    > > I've noticed that html doesn't support a "value" attribute for textarea.. I
    > > have a form in which I enable users to edit data they've entered into my
    > > database, and one of the data is a textarea. How do I fill the textarea with
    > > the value, or what kind of workaround can I create?

    > Hi Victor,
    >
    > You'll find the textarea and input tags differ significantly, even
    > though they're both typically used in HTML forms. The W3C page has a
    > fair overview of how various parts of HTML forms work in HTML 4.01,
    > and it's roughly accurate for XHTML up to 1.1 as well:http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html
    >
    > HTH,
    > Rami
    >
    > > --

    HI,
    Ok the simplest solution for this is <textarea id="someid"
    name="somename">Anything you type between this will be treated as the
    value for textarea. </textarea>

    Regards
    Jitish

    Jitish, Nov 25, 2009