Re: Working with flat files [LDIF].

Discussion in 'Python' started by generate@gmail.com, Jan 4, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

    > I looked around but didn't see any LDIF tools for perl or python...
    >
    > Any assistance or advice is appreciated!!
    >
    > Scott

    Hello Scott,

    Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a similar need to merge
    two LDIF files. I did find a program called mmldif, but I believe it
    is proprietary to Sun.

    Cheers,
    Charles
    , Jan 4, 2005

  2. a écrit :
    > Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
    >
    >>I looked around but didn't see any LDIF tools for perl or python...
    >>
    >>Any assistance or advice is appreciated!!
    >>
    >>Scott

    > Hello Scott,
    >
    > Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a similar need to merge
    > two LDIF files. I did find a program called mmldif, but I believe it
    > is proprietary to Sun.

    The ldap module has some tools related to ldif files, but there is not
    much documentation and I never had to use it, so I can't say if this can
    help...
    Bruno Desthuilliers, Jan 5, 2005

  3. wrote:
    > Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
    >
    >>I looked around but didn't see any LDIF tools for perl or python...

    > Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have a similar need to merge
    > two LDIF files.

    Use module LDIF which is part of http://python-ldap.sourceforge.net/.
    You can use it stand-alone without installing the rest.

    Yes, docs are *very* sparse for this module but you can find sample code
    in directory Demo/Lib/ldif/ of the source distribution.

    Ciao, Michael.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Michael_Str=F6der?=, Jan 7, 2005