Re: Worlds most visited site... don't go there with OSX!!!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Bruce Grubb, May 23, 2006.

  1. Bruce Grubb

    Bruce Grubb Guest

    In article <2006052314452375249-briandpratt@maccom>,
    Brian Pratt <> wrote:

    > MySpace.com is THE most hit site on the Internet.
    >
    > 100 Million members and growing. Trying surfing around some pages with
    > Safari! LOL LOL LOL
    >
    > Isn't the never ending beach ball FUN!!!! What a P.O.S. OS. Can't
    > even check the MySpace pictures on the most popular website in all the
    > land.
    >
    > Keep up the good work Apple.

    Don't blame Apple for having problems with piss poor HTML/XHTML pages. The
    http://validator.w3.org/ spotted 82 (!) errors on the first page of
    MySpace.com. This is also an example of how poorly formated pages can trip
    up validators.

    If the best the Windows supporters can come up with is garbage tagging you
    know they have no case.
    Bruce Grubb, May 23, 2006

  2. Bruce Grubb <> writes:
    >In article <2006052314452375249-briandpratt@maccom>,
    > Brian Pratt <> wrote:
    >
    >> MySpace.com is THE most hit site on the Internet.
    >>
    >> 100 Million members and growing. Trying surfing around some pages with
    >> Safari! LOL LOL LOL
    >>
    >> Isn't the never ending beach ball FUN!!!! What a P.O.S. OS. Can't
    >> even check the MySpace pictures on the most popular website in all the
    >> land.
    >>
    >> Keep up the good work Apple.

    >Don't blame Apple for having problems with piss poor HTML/XHTML pages. The
    >http://validator.w3.org/ spotted 82 (!) errors on the first page of
    >MySpace.com. This is also an example of how poorly formated pages can trip
    >up validators.
    >
    >If the best the Windows supporters can come up with is garbage tagging you
    >know they have no case.

    True enough. It was pure HELL to get basic stuff for our church website
    to work in windows (css menus) without breaking the other browsers. Safari
    passes the 'acid test' - does IE? I do my testing mostly in IE and Firefox.
    When it's working, I check it on IE. For the most part, it looks like crap
    until I hack and hack and hack.

    -Stephen
    --
    Space Age Cybernomad Stephen Adams