Re: World's Worst Website

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Dieter Britz, Nov 5, 2011.

  1. Dieter Britz

    Dieter Britz Guest

    On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

    > I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    > look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think of
    > ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff


    Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    --
    Dieter Britz
    Dieter Britz, Nov 5, 2011
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:

    > On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    >> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think
    >> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >
    > Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.


    I'd like to submit http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

    Rgds

    Denis McMahon
    Denis McMahon, Nov 5, 2011
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On 2011-11-05 14:38:26 +0100, Dieter Britz said:

    > On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >
    >> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    >> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think of
    >> ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >
    > Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.


    The dark blue background is too restful. It needs to be maroon. Some
    yellow text on a white background. A lot more spelling mistakes (at the
    moment they appear to concern only the words that Jeff doesn't know how
    to spell). Not enough HTML errors. Not enough dead links. This site
    wouldn't make it into the bottom 100.

    --
    athel
    Athel Cornish-Bowden, Nov 5, 2011
    #3
  4. Dieter Britz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Nov 5, 8:25 am, Denis McMahon <> wrote:
    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    > > On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

    >
    > >> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    > >> look atwww.worlds-worst-website.comand let me know if you can think
    > >> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >
    > > Yes:  jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    >
    > I'd like to submithttp://yvettesbridalformal.com/


    Yes, I remember that site.

    I think one could even do much worse, but I do not have time for that
    just now. For a start see www.cwdjr.info/dhtml/grasshopper.html . This
    comes from the dhtml era several years ago. Now to this one could add
    many random flashing colored lines, a self started midi, a flashing
    background and random background color changes. The absolute
    positioning of the dhtml effect and extreme text size should cause
    some interesting problems on small resolution screens.
    cwdjrxyz, Nov 7, 2011
    #4
  5. Dieter Britz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Nov 6, 6:48 pm, cwdjrxyz <> wrote:
    > On Nov 5, 8:25 am, Denis McMahon <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    > > > On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

    >
    > > >> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    > > >> look atwww.worlds-worst-website.comandlet me know if you can think
    > > >> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >
    > > > Yes:  jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    >
    > > I'd like to submithttp://yvettesbridalformal.com/

    >
    > Yes, I remember that site.
    >
    > I think one could even do much worse, but I do not have time for that
    > just now. For a start seewww.cwdjr.info/dhtml/grasshopper.html. This
    > comes from the dhtml era several years ago. Now to this one could add
    > many random flashing colored lines, a self started midi, a flashing
    > background and random background color changes. The absolute
    > positioning of the dhtml effect and extreme text size should cause
    > some interesting problems on small resolution screens.


    Try http://www.cwdjr.info/dhtml/grasshopper.html instead of the url
    given above.
    cwdjrxyz, Nov 7, 2011
    #5
  6. På Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:25:17 +0100, skrev Denis McMahon
    <>:

    > On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >>
    >>> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    >>> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think
    >>> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >>
    >> Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    >
    > I'd like to submit http://yvettesbridalformal.com/


    Yep, I remember that one as well.

    I still think Arngren Electronics (a Norwegian mail-order electronics
    store) is a contender. Although not as awful as Yvette, it's still quite
    bad.
    http://arngren.net/

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)
    Kim André Akerø, Nov 7, 2011
    #6
  7. On 11/06/2011 10:39 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    > På Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:25:17 +0100, skrev Denis McMahon
    > <>:
    >
    >> On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    >>
    >>> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    >>>> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think
    >>>> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff
    >>>
    >>> Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    >>
    >> I'd like to submit http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

    >
    > Yep, I remember that one as well.
    >
    > I still think Arngren Electronics (a Norwegian mail-order electronics
    > store) is a contender. Although not as awful as Yvette, it's still quite
    > bad.
    > http://arngren.net/
    >


    Looks like a mail-order catalog... someone should let them know
    they've been hacked though.

    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062
    AMD64X2 6400+ Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
    Norman Peelman, Nov 7, 2011
    #7
  8. På Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:12:00 +0100, skrev Norman Peelman
    <>:

    > On 11/06/2011 10:39 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    >> På Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:25:17 +0100, skrev Denis McMahon
    >> <>:
    >>
    >>> On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website.
    >>>>> Take a
    >>>>> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think
    >>>>> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff
    >>>>
    >>>> Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.
    >>>
    >>> I'd like to submit http://yvettesbridalformal.com/

    >>
    >> Yep, I remember that one as well.
    >>
    >> I still think Arngren Electronics (a Norwegian mail-order electronics
    >> store) is a contender. Although not as awful as Yvette, it's still quite
    >> bad.
    >> http://arngren.net/
    >>

    >
    > Looks like a mail-order catalog... someone should let them know
    > they've been hacked though.


    Hacked, you say? Was there any particular section that you were thinking
    of?

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)
    Kim André Akerø, Nov 7, 2011
    #8
  9. On 11/07/2011 01:18 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    > På Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:12:00 +0100, skrev Norman Peelman
    > <>:
    >
    >> On 11/06/2011 10:39 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    >>> På Sat, 05 Nov 2011 15:25:17 +0100, skrev Denis McMahon
    >>> <>:
    >>>
    >>>> On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website.
    >>>>>> Take a
    >>>>>> look at www.worlds-worst-website.com and let me know if you can think
    >>>>>> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Yes: jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.
    >>>>
    >>>> I'd like to submit http://yvettesbridalformal.com/
    >>>
    >>> Yep, I remember that one as well.
    >>>
    >>> I still think Arngren Electronics (a Norwegian mail-order electronics
    >>> store) is a contender. Although not as awful as Yvette, it's still quite
    >>> bad.
    >>> http://arngren.net/
    >>>

    >>
    >> Looks like a mail-order catalog... someone should let them know
    >> they've been hacked though.

    >
    > Hacked, you say? Was there any particular section that you were thinking
    > of?
    >


    Well, offhand i'd say the link to PLAYBOY and the cartoon girl
    exposing her breasts don't really fit in with the rest of the site.


    --
    Norman
    Registered Linux user #461062
    AMD64X2 6400+ Ubuntu 10.04 64bit
    Norman Peelman, Nov 8, 2011
    #9
  10. Dieter Britz

    cwdjrxyz Guest

    On Nov 8, 12:21 am, Ed Mullen <> wrote:
    > cwdjrxyz wrote:
    > > On Nov 6, 6:48 pm, cwdjrxyz<>  wrote:
    > >> On Nov 5, 8:25 am, Denis McMahon<>  wrote:

    >
    > >>> On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 13:38:26 +0000, Dieter Britz wrote:
    > >>>> On Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:17:32 +0000, Jeff wrote:

    >
    > >>>>> I believe I've done it - I've created the world's worst website. Take a
    > >>>>> look atwww.worlds-worst-website.comandletme know if you can think
    > >>>>> of ways I can make it even worse! - Jeff

    >
    > >>>> Yes:  jiggling panels and moving cartoonish pictures.

    >
    > >>> I'd like to submithttp://yvettesbridalformal.com/

    >
    > >> Yes, I remember that site.

    >
    > >> I think one could even do much worse, but I do not have time for that
    > >> just now. For a start seewww.cwdjr.info/dhtml/grasshopper.html. This
    > >> comes from the dhtml era several years ago. Now to this one could add
    > >> many random flashing colored lines, a self started midi, a flashing
    > >> background and random background color changes. The absolute
    > >> positioning of the dhtml effect and extreme text size should cause
    > >> some interesting problems on small resolution screens.

    >
    > > Tryhttp://www.cwdjr.info/dhtml/grasshopper.htmlinstead of  the url
    > > given above.

    >
    > I see no difference.

    The first url without the http:// will work if you go to the site
    directly. However if you read the post using Google groups, you are
    asked if you want to go to the site selected. If your answer yes, you
    get a screen saying the site can not be found. However if you add the
    html:// to the url, Google groups has no trouble finding it, at least
    using the most recent stable version of Firefox on Windows Vista 64-
    bit. Google in general can do some strange things at times. I guess
    you could call this strange event a Googleism :).

    >
    > --
    > Ed Mullenhttp://edmullen.net/
    > Why do you need a driver's license to buy alcohol when you can't drink
    > and drive?
    cwdjrxyz, Nov 8, 2011
    #10
  11. På Tue, 08 Nov 2011 04:08:42 +0100, skrev Norman Peelman
    <>:

    > On 11/07/2011 01:18 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    >> På Mon, 07 Nov 2011 12:12:00 +0100, skrev Norman Peelman
    >> <>:
    >>
    >>> On 11/06/2011 10:39 PM, Kim André Akerø wrote:
    >>>> [snip]
    >>>>
    >>>> I still think Arngren Electronics (a Norwegian mail-order electronics
    >>>> store) is a contender. Although not as awful as Yvette, it's still
    >>>> quite
    >>>> bad.
    >>>> http://arngren.net/
    >>>
    >>> Looks like a mail-order catalog... someone should let them know
    >>> they've been hacked though.

    >>
    >> Hacked, you say? Was there any particular section that you were thinking
    >> of?

    >
    > Well, offhand i'd say the link to PLAYBOY and the cartoon girl
    > exposing her breasts don't really fit in with the rest of the site.


    I'm afraid not. Oddly enough, it's part of the site, which makes it even
    worse.

    If you look at the first of two links to the right of the cartoon girl
    ("Sexy Piker"), it goes to another product page of the site:
    http://www.arngren.net/piker.html

    And yes, those are actual figurines sexy girls. Even the VirtuaGirl banner
    on the far right (on that product page) seems to be right for this site.

    I can't help to be baffled by this website. Last time I actually browsed
    through one of the mail-order catalogs was about 15 years ago. And the
    order process still seems the same today; you add up the numbers yourself,
    including a flat shipping fee, send the exact amount directly to the bank
    account, and then send an e-mail with the order numbers of each product
    and the amount you sent to the account. Then, you wait for their bank to
    confirm the amount before they ship your order.

    Any other given business in Norway would allow you to use a shopping cart
    system and pay for the order with a credit card, or include an invoice
    with the items ordered.

    The cluttered website does seem to partially be caused by this:
    <meta name="generator" content="Created Using Yahoo! PageBuilder 2.61.90">

    Who the hell uses Yahoo! PageBuilder these days?

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -
    (remove NOSPAM to contact me directly)
    Kim André Akerø, Nov 8, 2011
    #11
  12. Dieter Britz

    dorayme Guest

    In article <op.v4m9edz9ptrp3x@neonk2>,
    Kim André Akerø <> wrote:

    > And yes, those are actual figurines sexy girls. Even the VirtuaGirl banner
    > on the far right (on that product page) seems to be right for this site.
    >
    > I can't help to be baffled by this website. Last time I actually browsed
    > through one of the mail-order catalogs was about 15 years ago. And the
    > order process still seems the same today; you add up the numbers yourself,
    > including a flat shipping fee, send the exact amount directly to the bank
    > account, and then send an e-mail with the order numbers of each product
    > and the amount you sent to the account. Then, you wait for their bank to
    > confirm the amount before they ship your order.
    >
    > Any other given business in Norway would allow you to use a shopping cart
    > system and pay for the order with a credit card, or include an invoice
    > with the items ordered.


    Please order one of the figurines and tell us how the money side
    of it all went.

    --
    dorayme
    dorayme, Nov 8, 2011
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Weyoun the Dancing Borg

    Submission for Worst Site in the World

    Weyoun the Dancing Borg, Aug 26, 2004, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    29
    Views:
    832
  2. C
    Replies:
    424
    Views:
    6,464
    Mike Wahler
    Oct 9, 2003
  3. The Saqe
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    395
  4. Greg Comeau
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    480
  5. richard

    world's worst promo site?

    richard, Jan 6, 2008, in forum: HTML
    Replies:
    10
    Views:
    627
    Travis Newbury
    Jan 7, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page