Re: WPF and XBAP

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gregory A. Beamer, Jan 11, 2010.

  1. "aspfun via DotNetMonster.com" <u53138@uwe> wrote in

    > 1) Can I create a new project using WPF application template instead
    > of WPF Browser Application (once done, convert to XBAP)?

    Yes, but you will have to dink a bit, as the tooling does not help much
    here. I see a future when this is more helpful as Silverlight 4.0
    promises to be more WPF like. But Silverlight is not really XBAP.

    I am not sure I would personally go the XBAP route, however, as it is
    not really supported with all the emphasis on Silverlight. I know some
    MS blogs suggest otherwise, but I have not seen the promises come to
    fruition, so I would venture, barring new information, that XBAP is not
    going to be heavily supported as long as the focus is on Silverlight.

    > 2) If I have to use WPF Browser Application template, can I use all
    > winform controls?
    > 3) If I have to use WPF Browser Application template, can I use
    > ASP.NET controls?

    The answer to both questions is essentially no, as you are dealing with
    XAML for UI and not traditional controls. I say this with a bit of a
    caveat as there are ways of mixing technologies.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer (MVP)

    Twitter: @gbworld