Re: write float to Excel with pyExcelerator write

Discussion in 'Python' started by Peter Otten, Mar 3, 2008.

  1. Peter Otten

    Peter Otten Guest

    Cyril.Liu wrote:

    > I use pyExcelerator to generat Excel files in my project. it works good
    > before I found this bug:
    > run this code:
    >
    > from pyExcelerator import *
    > wb = Workbook()
    > ws = wb.add_sheet("sheet")
    > for i in xrange(1):
    > ws.write(i,0, 10474224.6)
    > wb.save(r'd:\error_float.xls')
    >
    > open d:\error_float.xls with M$ Excle you'll find the number in the cell
    > is -263193.64 not 10474224.6
    >

    > why? some body help me please.

    It's probably a bug in pyExcelerator:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1596642&group_id=134081&atid=730643

    There's a patch by John Machin,

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1618443&group_id=134081&atid=730645

    and the problem should be fixed in subversion.

    Peter

    Peter Otten, Mar 3, 2008