Re: Writing a blog post on the new Enum.

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, May 14, 2013.

  1. On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Terry Jan Reedy <> wrote:

    >> On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Fábio Santos <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> http://fabiosantoscode.blogspot.pt/2013/05/pythons-new-enum-class.html

    >> class Text(unicode, Enum):
    >> one = u'one'
    >> two = u'two'
    >> three = u'three'

    > Is this supposed to be a quote? or your rewrite? or did Santos rewrite after
    > you posted? The blog currently has a 3.x version of that.

    It was a quote from the blog post as it had been when I posted it.
    Presumably he edited the post subsequently, as I'm now seeing the same
    thing you are, a 3.x-compat version. (The u'xx' prefixes wouldn't be a
    problem, incidentally, so this could be dual-versionned just by going
    "unicode = str".)

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, May 14, 2013