Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Tim W, Mar 24, 2012.

  1. Tim W

    Tim W Guest

    On 24/03/2012 10:43, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > Can you recommend a WYSIWYG HTML editor, capable of creating HTML 4.01
    > strict code without errors? I've spent the past hour trying a number of
    > editors (Kompozer, NVU, BlueGriffon, HTML Studio etc.) and they either
    > generate transitional code or buggy strict code, such as this one for
    > instance:
    >
    > <ul>
    > <li>dadad</li>
    > <ul>
    > <li>dasd</li>
    > </ul>
    > </ul>
    >
    > I'm now downloading the trial version of the Namo editor, let's see...

    Good luck with your search. Let me know if you find anything.

    I gave up on that same search. I found that with a free template and a
    free copy of Kompzer I could produce web pages which looked alright. I
    didn't care that people said the underlying code was really untidy and
    inefficient. I couldn't edit and update the pages after a while though,
    because they were such a tangled muddle of inline tags and bodged css.

    Also learning a wysiwyg editor while trying not to learn what it is
    doing is actually quite hard. I know you don't want to hear this but I
    wish I had started at the beginning with an HTML primer and not wasted
    time trying to find an easier route. It isn't that hard.

    Tim W
    Tim W, Mar 24, 2012