Re: WYSIWYG HTML editor

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Mar 24, 2012.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:43:07 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:

    > Can you recommend a WYSIWYG HTML editor, capable of creating HTML 4.01
    > strict code without errors? I've spent the past hour trying a number of
    > editors (Kompozer, NVU, BlueGriffon, HTML Studio etc.) and they either
    > generate transitional code or buggy strict code, such as this one for
    > instance:
    >
    > <ul>
    > <li>dadad</li>
    > <ul>
    > <li>dasd</li>
    > </ul>
    > </ul>
    >
    > I'm now downloading the trial version of the Namo editor, let's see...

    I use notepad++ now.
    http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    As an html editor it has a lot of editing features.
    It will pair up tags and show you if one is missing.
    Color highlighting for various elements.

    But running your code through a validator would easily find that unmatched
    tag as you show.

    richard, Mar 24, 2012

  2. richard

    Mike S Guest

    On 3/24/2012 11:28 AM, richard wrote:
    > On Sat, 24 Mar 2012 11:43:07 +0100, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >
    >> Can you recommend a WYSIWYG HTML editor, capable of creating HTML 4.01
    >> strict code without errors? I've spent the past hour trying a number of
    >> editors (Kompozer, NVU, BlueGriffon, HTML Studio etc.) and they either
    >> generate transitional code or buggy strict code, such as this one for
    >> instance:
    >>
    >> <ul>
    >> <li>dadad</li>
    >> <ul>
    >> <li>dasd</li>
    >> </ul>
    >> </ul>
    >>
    >> I'm now downloading the trial version of the Namo editor, let's see...

    > I use notepad++ now.
    > http://notepad-plus-plus.org/
    > As an html editor it has a lot of editing features.
    > It will pair up tags and show you if one is missing.
    > Color highlighting for various elements.
    >
    > But running your code through a validator would easily find that unmatched
    > tag as you show.

    I like the freeware HTML-KIT v292.

    Mike S, Mar 24, 2012