Re: (X)HTML Strict WYSIWYG?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Toby A Inkster, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Whitecrest wrote:

    > Oh yea,I forgot, how you think anything in the entertainment business is
    > nothing more than a niche, or a fluke. Mighty big niche, since over 1
    > billion dollars have been spent in the US in the last 90 days on movies
    > alone. Yea, Baby, give me a piece of that entertainment industry pie...

    The entertainment industry is a niche. The technology industry is far
    bigger.

    Check out the Forbes 500:
    http://www.forbes.com/2003/03/26/500sland.html

    You'll notice that the top 10 includes Verizon Communications (large ISP)
    and IBM. No entertainment companies.

    Expanding our view to the top 25 companies, we include SBC Communications
    and Microsoft, but still no entertainment companies.

    Going on to the top 50, we get Intel and then lo and behold our first
    Entertainment company (although it's a distributor rather than a record
    label or movie studio) - Viacom. Then we have Bell South and Cisco before
    we get to Disney, and finally AT&T and Dell and then we're at the end of
    the top 50.

    In summary:

    Forbes Top 10 - 2 technology companies, 0 entertainment companies
    Forbes Top 25 - 4 technology companies, 0 entertainment companies
    Forbes Top 50 - 7 technology companies, 2 entertainment companies

    Entertainment is a cottage industry compared to technology. If you think
    the entertainment business is going to engulf the web, think again -- it's
    likely to be the other way around.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > Forbes Top 50 - 7 technology companies, 2 entertainment companies

    ^

    Can't count. Should be 9.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Toby A Inkster

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Whitecrest wrote:
    > > Oh yea,I forgot, how you think anything in the entertainment business is
    > > nothing more than a niche, or a fluke. Mighty big niche, since over 1
    > > billion dollars have been spent in the US in the last 90 days on movies
    > > alone. Yea, Baby, give me a piece of that entertainment industry pie...

    > The entertainment industry is a niche. The technology industry is far
    > bigger.....

    So what is there is something bigger. Who gives a shit. It is still a
    multi billion dollar industry.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Whitecrest wrote:
    > Toby wrote:
    >> The entertainment industry is a niche. The technology industry is far
    >> bigger.....

    > So what is there is something bigger. Who gives a shit. It is still a
    > multi billion dollar industry.

    Well, you were claiming that the huge entertainment industry would (has?)
    engulf (engulfed?) the Internet:

    > Especially since the Web has become an extension of TV, video, and
    > marketing.

    This is clearly not the case, nor will it become the case, as the
    entertainment industry is simply nowhere near the size of the technology
    industry.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 10, 2003
  5. Toby A Inkster

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > > So what is there is something bigger. Who gives a shit. It is still a
    > > multi billion dollar industry.

    > Well, you were claiming that the huge entertainment industry would (has?)
    > engulf (engulfed?) the Internet:

    > > Especially since the Web has become an extension of TV, video, and
    > > marketing.

    > This is clearly not the case, nor will it become the case, as the
    > entertainment industry is simply nowhere near the size of the technology
    > industry.

    The web has obviously become an extension of TV, video, and marketing.
    If it wasn't that way, you would not see a www.... at the end of every
    commercial and at the bottom of every ad in a magazine. Open your eyes
    and look. This includes some of your precious technology industry.
    Yep, they use flash, and javascript too. (Please look for yourself)

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 10, 2003
  6. Whitecrest wrote:

    > The web has obviously become an extension of TV, video, and marketing.
    > If it wasn't that way, you would not see a www.... at the end of every
    > commercial and at the bottom of every ad in a magazine.

    The web has obviously become an extension of Pizzarias and Hamburger
    restaurants. If it wasn't that way, you would not see a www... on Pizza
    Hut and Macdonalds menus.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Toby A Inkster

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Aug 10, 2003
  8. Toby A Inkster

    Isofarro Guest

    Isofarro, Aug 10, 2003
  9. Toby A Inkster

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >> Not on the web.

    > > But they ALL have web pages.

    > Irrelevant.

    Please explain how it is irrelevant that they have web pages.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 10, 2003
  10. Toby A Inkster

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > This is just overhyped nonsense.

    Please explain how it is overhyped nonsense.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com

    Whitecrest, Aug 10, 2003
  11. Whitecrest wrote:

    > says...
    >
    >> The web has obviously become an extension of Pizzarias and Hamburger
    >> restaurants. If it wasn't that way, you would not see a www... on Pizza
    >> Hut and Macdonalds menus.

    > You are correct. It has become an extension of them as a corporation.

    No -- I was being sarcastic. Their websites may have become an extension
    of them as a corporation. 'The web' has not.

    playing://(nothing)

    Toby A Inkster, Aug 10, 2003
  12. Toby A Inkster

    Isofarro Guest

    Whitecrest wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >> > But they ALL have web pages.

    >> Irrelevant.

    > Please explain how it is irrelevant that they have web pages.

    Post a reliable reference that documents that their entire multi billion
    dollar profits are a result of their websites. You can't, so your point is
    irrelevant.

    --
    Iso.
    Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/

    Isofarro, Aug 10, 2003
  13. Toby A Inkster

    Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > >> The web has obviously become an extension of Pizzarias and Hamburger
    > >> restaurants. If it wasn't that way, you would not see a www... on Pizza
    > >> Hut and Macdonalds menus.

    > > You are correct. It has become an extension of them as a corporation.

    > No -- I was being sarcastic. Their websites may have become an extension
    > of them as a corporation. 'The web' has not.

    You don't wear sarcasm very well.... Anyway, the web for them has
    become an extension of their corporation. That's what I read above, or
    are you being sarcastic again?

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com