Re: XHTML1.0 validation problem

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Andreas Prilop, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. CJ <> wrote:

> [...]

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    > What part are you calling a lie?

    The underlined.

    >>> Mozilla 1.4, Opera 7.11, IE6.sumthin - The first two on M$XP and Mandrake
    >>> Linux 9.1 , IE6 only on M$XP

    >> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/ampersand.html

    > You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
    > well done

    And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

    Andreas Prilop, Aug 30, 2003

  2. Andreas Prilop

    CJ Guest

    Andreas Prilop wrote:

    > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >> What part are you calling a lie?

    > The underlined.

    Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain from
    it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may be
    wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

    >>> http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/ampersand.html

    >> You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
    >> well done

    > And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

    In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
    default, which I have not had the need to change.

    Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

    --
    remove ".nospam" from my reply address

    CJ, Aug 31, 2003

  3. Andreas Prilop

    Isofarro Guest

    CJ wrote:

    >> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>> What part are you calling a lie?

    >> The underlined.

    > Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain
    > from it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may
    > be wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

    Okay. You are wrong, mistaken and a complete idiot.

    >>> You have made a link to a link to a search engine advanced search page..
    >>> well done

    >> And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

    > In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
    > default, which I have not had the need to change.
    >
    > Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

    Your "specific case" was about the proper escaping of ampersand not working
    in your browsers. Andreas has provided you with a link using proper
    escaping of ampersands that works using your browser - exactly the sort of
    link you are saying doesn't work. Certainly is a valid case indeed.

    --
    Iso.
    Web Standards: http://www.webstandards.org/

    Isofarro, Aug 31, 2003
  4. Andreas Prilop

    CJ Guest

    Isofarro wrote:

    > CJ wrote:

    >>> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    >>>
    >>> The underlined.

    >> Lets get something straight here. I am not a liar, what have I got gain
    >> from it? I consider that to call somebody a liar is a grave insult. I may
    >> be wrong, mistaken, a complete idiot whatever, but I'm not a liar

    > Okay. You are wrong, mistaken and a complete idiot.

    >>> And which of the supposed-to-fail browsers did you use to get there?

    >> In this case Konqueror. I'm using Knode as my newsreader and that's the
    >> default, which I have not had the need to change.
    >>
    >> Problem is you didn't link to the specific case that I had.

    > Your "specific case" was about the proper escaping of ampersand not
    > working in your browsers. Andreas has provided you with a link using
    > proper escaping of ampersands that works using your browser - exactly the
    > sort of link you are saying doesn't work. Certainly is a valid case
    > indeed.

    Not the same browser, not the same machine, not even the same OS, not the
    same code -
    --
    remove ".nospam" from my reply address

    CJ, Aug 31, 2003