Re: XMI: storing to database

Discussion in 'XML' started by Gene Mutschler, Jul 19, 2003.

  1. You don't need a DTD to understand an XMI file, but you do need to
    understand the data you will be processing.

    The key thing about an XMI file is that it is used to transmit
    objects. That is, if the file is a true XMI file, you automatically
    know that it is used to transmit instances of object classes, with
    their attributes and associations among them expressed by either sub
    elements of the XML elements or by their attributes.

    If your database is suited to storing the objects in the XMI file,
    there shouldn't be much of a problem doing what you need to do.

    Gene Mutschler, Jul 19, 2003