Re: XML data

Discussion in 'XML' started by Peter H. Coffin, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:38:47 +0300, Pavel Lepin wrote:
    > Writing a standard-compliant XML parser is no easy task.

    Pah! Writing a stanard-compliant XML parser is easy. Almost no one else
    has, though, so writing one that interoperates correctly with anything
    else is hard. (;

    --
    22. No matter how tempted I am with the prospect of unlimited power, I will
    not consume any energy field bigger than my head.
    Peter H. Coffin, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Peter H. Coffin

    Pavel Lepin Guest

    Peter H. Coffin <> wrote in
    <>:
    > On Tue, 08 Apr 2008 14:38:47 +0300, Pavel Lepin wrote:
    >> Writing a standard-compliant XML parser is no easy task.

    > Pah! Writing a stanard-compliant XML parser is easy.
    > Almost no one else has, though, so writing one that
    > interoperates correctly with anything else is hard. (;

    I do realise that this post comes with a severe dose of
    tongue-in-cheekiness, but, seriously, I believe at least
    major XML parsers have a very decent track record where it
    comes to standard-compliance. I monitor ctx religiously and
    I cannot remember any mentions of parser non-compliance in
    the last few months.

    Of course, one could always use robic0's notorious RXParse
    for all the non-compliance and misery anybody might ever
    want in their lives, but then again, one could always jump
    off a cliff without a 'chute too, so there.

    --
    "...a Netscape engineer who shan't be named once passed a
    pointer to JavaScript, stored it as a string and later
    Pavel Lepin, Apr 8, 2008