Re: XML-RPC(using SimpleXMLRPCServer) slow on the first call

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gabriel Genellina, Oct 14, 2009.

  1. En Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:58:45 -0300, Mahi Haile
    <> escribió:

    > Hello all,I have an xml-rpc server running on a machine in the same LAN
    > as
    > the client. Both the server and the client are in Python.
    >
    > When I have a series of xmlrepc calls from the client to the server, the
    > first call usually takes much longer than it should - orders of
    > magnitude.
    > The latency is usually sub-10ms on the other calls, but the first call
    > takes
    > up to 10 seconds or so. This are very simple functions, with almost no
    > computation.
    >
    > Do you have any ideas?

    I doubt this is a Python problem. I'd look into the network: DNS
    resolution, IPv6 (Windows XP has some timeout issues with IPv6 enabled).

    --
    Gabriel Genellina

    Gabriel Genellina, Oct 14, 2009

  2. On 14 Paź, 04:52, "Gabriel Genellina" <> wrote:
    > En Mon, 12 Oct 2009 18:58:45 -0300, Mahi Haile
    > <> escribió:
    >
    > > Hello all,I have an xml-rpc server running on a machine in the same LAN
    > > as
    > > the client. Both the server and the client are in Python.

    > > When I have a series of xmlrepc calls from the client to the server, the
    > > first call usually takes much longer than it should - orders of
    > > magnitude.
    > > The latency is usually sub-10ms on the other calls, but the first call
    > > takes
    > > up to 10 seconds or so. This are very simple functions, with almost no
    > > computation.

    > > Do you have any ideas?

    > I doubt this is a Python problem. I'd look into the network: DNS
    > resolution, IPv6 (Windows XP has some timeout issues with IPv6 enabled).
    >
    > --
    > Gabriel Genellina

    Hi,

    I had quite similar issue and it was caused by some DNS settings. I
    solved it by changing host name to host ip (f.e. for 'localhost' it
    was '127.0.0.1'). I hope it will help you.

    Regards,
    Rafal

    Rafal Gulinski, Nov 5, 2009