Re: XSLT Performance with Xalan

Discussion in 'Java' started by Christopher Blunck, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Hi Bradley.

    I believe the Xalan in the JDK is old (v2.3 or maybe v2.4). The
    latest version (v2.5) of Xalan is really quick.

    -c

    Christopher Blunck, Jul 29, 2003

  2. (Christopher Blunck) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hi Bradley.
    >
    > I believe the Xalan in the JDK is old (v2.3 or maybe v2.4). The
    > latest version (v2.5) of Xalan is really quick.
    >

    > -c
    >
    > (Bradley E. Rintoul) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Hello:

    I sure hope so. I might be doing something wrong but I don't think
    so. I just realized that I was using a file as the input source for
    the transform so I changed it to a DOM document and it seems even
    SLOWER! What's happening here?

    Is this possible that a DOM is not the fastest way to perform the
    transform?

    I will try to get the latest Xalan and see if anything changes...

    Bradley E. Rintoul, Jul 29, 2003