Re: you mentiond using css instead of tables for user interfaces???

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Nicolai P. Zwar, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. naitsirch79 wrote:
    > Is this the general consensus. I should be using CSS instead of tables.
    > And does anybody else have an opinion about this?

    It is not entirely clear what you mean by "user interfaces", but it is
    probably safe to say that the general consensus is that CSS should be
    (primarily) responsible for the design and look of a web page (which is
    what it is for), while (X)HTML should be responsible for the structuring
    of your documents (which is what it is for). (Leaving such issues as
    Flash and JavaScript aside for the moment.)
    Tables are still quite important, but they should be (primarily) used to
    structure the data of your document.

    --
    Nicolai Zwar
    http://www.nicolaizwar.com