Re: you mentiond using css instead of tables for user interfaces???

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Davmagic com, Jul 1, 2003.

  1. Davmagic com

    Davmagic com Guest

    >From:
    >(naitsirch79)
    >Is this the general consensus. I should be
    >using CSS instead of tables. And does
    >anybody else have an opinion about this?

    What Browsers are you expecting to satisfy? Try a test using CSS-P and
    Tables for layout and see how those Browsers render the page(s)... then
    go with CSS-P if possible but keep in mind that lots of the "upstanding"
    websites currently use Tables for layout despite what the W3C
    recommends!

    Also using Tables for Presenting certain text and images is still better
    than CSS ...Look Here: http://davmagic.com/PAGES50.html

    Web Design-Magic-Painting-Junking-Games
    INFO 2000 For You
    http://www.davmagic.com

    Davmagic com, Jul 1, 2003

  2. Davmagic com

    BORG Guest

    On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 22:58:51 +0100, David Dorward <>
    wrote:

    >Davmagic com wrote:
    >
    >> What Browsers are you expecting to satisfy? Try a test using CSS-P and

    >Don't limit yourself. Its quite possible to produce a decent layout using
    >CSS without using CSS positioning.

    any WYSIWYG programs that will do all this CSS, i know its probably
    not 'the done thing' but i find it a good way to learn by seeing what
    what does.

    --
    E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
    watch out for spam trap in header

    BORG, Jul 1, 2003

  3. mark | r wrote:

    > easiest way to think of divs is as if theyre images, with align left/right
    > properties, in the same way you have to specify their height

    Specifying height is entirely optional for both images and divs. The
    difference is that its a good idea to specify it for images, but a bad idea
    for divs.

    > etc and they wrap in a very similar way.

    Given that the align attribute has been deprecated in favour of the float
    property - exactly the same way.

    > i just wish nn used margins the same way ie does :(

    I just wished MSIE used margins in the same way as every other browser on
    the market (and the CSS specification) without requiring _forcing_ into
    standards mode.

    --
    David Dorward http://david.us-lot.org/
    Redesign in progress: http://stone.thecoreworlds.net/