Re: ZIP file upload!!

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Richard, Jun 12, 2004.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "Dado" <> wrote in message
    news:c445tm$jlj$...
    > I'm a newbie to web design and have created a HTML document that has a
    > download link (zip file download). When I try to upload the zip (Ace FTP)

    it
    > only creates an empty folder on my server!! Why is that?? Everything else
    > uploads normal.
    >
    > How to do it?? Thank in advance!!

    Unless you intend to distribute the file as a zip file, you should not do
    this.
    Ask your host if they allow this.
    If you're on a free site like your ISP, chances are they don't allow it.

    Richard, Jun 12, 2004

  2. Richard

    rf Guest

    > "Dado" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm a newbie to web design and have created a HTML document that has a
    > > download link (zip file download). When I try to upload the zip (Ace

    FTP)
    > it
    > > only creates an empty folder on my server!! Why is that?? Everything

    else
    > > uploads normal.
    > >
    > > How to do it?? Thank in advance!!
    > >

    > Unless you intend to distribute the file as a zip file, you should not do
    > this.

    Oh really! The fact that the OP is trying to upload a zipped file is a
    pretty bloody good indication he/she is trying to distribute it. Why else
    would it be zipped, uploaded and linked to?

    And why are you reawakining a thread that died three months ago?

    Cheers
    Richard.

    rf, Jun 12, 2004