    i am a university student in a thid world county.
    my e mail address is ""

    thank you.
    sajithkahawatta, Apr 19, 2007

  2. You can read excel file using ODBC
    read here
    http://www.simongibson.com/intranet/adoodbc/

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, Apr 19, 2007

  3. sajithkahawatta

    Mark Rae Guest

    > is there any one used aspose.excel

    Yes - many times.

    > i used automation to read a exel doc .but we have to install ms excel
    > to do that

    And it won't work properly in ASP.NET anyway...

    > so i suppose to use aspose.excel

    Good idea.

    > can any one give me the 'Aspose.Excel.dll' and the licensse
    > -'Aspose.Excel.lic' files.
    > because i am a student i can not buy it.if u can it is very helpful to
    > my studies.
    > i am a university student in a thid world county.
    > my e mail address is ""

    Hmm - now we have a bit of a problem... Just because you don't have very
    much money doesn't give you the right to ask other people to become software
    pirates for you...

    I would like to think that no-one who participates in this forum would ever
    even think of doing what you ask...

    Many companies offer academic discounts, so why don't you contact Aspose
    directly and explain your situation? But I wouldn't mention that you have
    asked for a pirated copy of their software in a public Microsoft forum,
    especially since you've been stupid enough to give your email address...
    Mark Rae, Apr 19, 2007
  4. No, I'm not going to help you pirate a product, and I hope nobody else does
    either.
    I will help you solve your problem legally though.

    Try opening the Excel file as an ADO.NET data source:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...14d90e974e5/571439ff12d7473d#571439ff12d7473d

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Apr 19, 2007