read a PublicKey-String into a PublicKey-object

Discussion in 'Java' started by Sven Bluege, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. Sven Bluege

    Sven Bluege Guest

    Hello!

    I've got a string, containing a base64-coded PublicKey in PKCS1-format.
    My goal is, to parse this string and create a PublicKey-object out of
    it. But how to do this?

    -----BEGIN RSA PUBLIC KEY-----
    MIIBC...
    ...JZHOJewIDAP//
    -----END RSA PUBLIC KEY-----

    My problem is, that I never had to do something with crypto. I'm able
    to recover a PKCS8-formated key... but this is not the format, which I
    have to work with. I installed bouncyCastle to do the work... but I
    still havn't figured out how...

    Can anybody tell me, how to parse this Object? I'm able to decode the
    base64-String... but then I don't know how to go on...
    --
    Ciao, Sven

    Sven Bluege, Sep 21, 2005

  2. Sven Bluege

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 21 Sep 2005 10:41:37 GMT, "Sven Bluege" <>
    wrote or quoted :

    >I've got a string, containing a base64-coded PublicKey in PKCS1-format.
    >My goal is, to parse this string and create a PublicKey-object out of
    >it. But how to do this?

    I would start with keyman or keytool and see what they can do with it.
    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/keytool.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.

    Roedy Green, Sep 21, 2005