    WWW: http://hardywang.1accesshost.com
    ICQ: 3359839
    yours Hardy

    Hardy Wang, Jul 29, 2004

  2. Hardy Wang

    Marina Guest

    If it is costly, you can just load up all your configuration variables into
    a some shared variables in a class in application_start. That way, you load
    them up once, and then they're just in memory and available.

    "Hardy Wang" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    > Do you think reading config settings from web.config (app.config)

    kills

    Marina, Jul 29, 2004

  3. Hardy Wang

    Joe Fallon Guest

    Web.config is only read once from disk.
    Then it is stored in RAM so future "reads" should be just as fast as a
    custom class.
    --
    Joe Fallon

    Joe Fallon, Jul 31, 2004