read data from a text file

gopesh patel

Hello all,

I have a text file and I want to read the data from it. I know I can
do it by using getline or fread kind of functions.

But the problem is data looks encoded in some unknown format and
whenever I try to use getline or fread it doesn't show me anything.

The data is in a text file called test.txt and it looks like
following :

A ÃŽ4?ÃÑ>¡Â¿­ôR>è¢ ¾Ò®û¾òôÂ>~<è¾uEð>uÕ¾Çû>ÂA>Âó´>…Âþ>ûˆ¾îJ
?

Can someone help me with reading it ?

Thanks,
Gopesh

James Kanze

I have a text file and I want to read the data from it. I know I can
do it by using getline or fread kind of functions.
But the problem is data looks encoded in some unknown format and
whenever I try to use getline or fread it doesn't show me anything.
The data is in a text file called test.txt and it looks like
following :
A ÃŽ 4?ÃÑ >¡ ¿­ôR>è¢ ¾Ò®û¾òô >~<è¾uEð> uÕ¾ Çû> A> ó´>… þ> ûˆ¾îJ
?
Can someone help me with reading it ?

It looks like some other encoding. (Since news, at least when
read through Google, tends to mangle encodings somewhat, I won't
venture a guess as to what it was originally.) Find out what
encoding was used, imbue the appropriate locale, and you should
be able to read it (although you might have to use wide
characters).