Read from Windows Address Book (.wab file format) ?

Guest

Hi all!

I wonder if there's any Python module that could read from .wab file.
I googled but found nothing useful. Any idea? Thanks :)

Rio

rynt

Hi all!

I wonder if there's any Python module that could read from .wab file.
I googled but found nothing useful. Any idea? Thanks :)

Rio

Hi Rio,

Don't know if there's a python module for this, but this link,

defines the MS API for the address book, so you could roll your own.

If all you need is to read the data though, you could export the
address data into a CSV file (Python DOES have a module for this) or
VCard format. IIRC, someone on this newsgroup was talking about VCard
just the other day.

HTH

rynt

Guest

Hi Rio,

Don't know if there's a python module for this, but this link,

defines the MS API for the address book, so you could roll your own.

If all you need is to read the data though, you could export the
address data into a CSV file (Python DOES have a module for this) or
VCard format. IIRC, someone on this newsgroup was talking about VCard
just the other day.

HTH

rynt

Hi Rynt,

Thanks for your help :) I looked the MSDN page but it seemed that at
least I need Windows to use its DLL, while unfortunately I'm on Linux.
I need to read (and later write) .wab from other Win users.

CSV is fine, and that's how I am doing it right now. The problem is I
cannot automate the process of exporting .wab to .csv on Linux. Also,
I lose all the identity-property mapping in .wab since .csv is really
a flat 2D table.

Any other suggesions? :)

Rio