Read HTML code into c# program, store in string

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by amitM, Sep 20, 2010.

  1. amitM

    amitM Guest

    Hi

    Probably this is very silly and simple question

    We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
    book) and display on our webform.

    The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
    read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
    like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
    replaced by small boxes.

    How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
    without being messed up???

    Please help

    P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

    amitM, Sep 20, 2010

  2. amitM

    Cubaman Guest

    On Sep 20, 6:14 pm, amitM <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Probably this is very silly and simple question
    >
    > We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
    > book) and display on our webform.
    >
    > The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
    > read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
    > like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
    > replaced by small boxes.
    >
    > How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
    > without being messed up???
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

    Hello:
    How do you read the files? Could you post some code? It looks like
    you're having problem with the encoding of the file, try using UTF-8
    or something different from ASCII encoding.
    Best regards.

    Cubaman, Sep 21, 2010

  3. amitM

    behdad Guest

    On Sep 20, 12:14 pm, amitM <> wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > Probably this is very silly and simple question
    >
    > We are writing code to read varous HTML files (different pages of
    > book) and display on our webform.
    >
    > The individual HTML files look good (outside my program) but when I
    > read the HTML code and assign it to a string the special characters
    > like (',\) are replaced by small boxes. even the extra spaces are
    > replaced by small boxes.
    >
    > How can I read HTML code into application and assign to variable
    > without being messed up???
    >
    > Please help
    >
    > P.S. - The HTML files are generated from word file

    Try to read the html text and then inject it to a DIV by javascript

    behdad, Sep 22, 2010