read html file into org.w3c.dom.html.htmldocument

Jozza

Hi,

how do i read a local html file into a org.w3c.dom.html.htmldocument ?
I want to dynamically change the values of the elements in html.

TIA J.

Jozza

Hi,

how do i read a local html file into a org.w3c.dom.html.htmldocument ?
I want to dynamically change the values of the elements in html.

TIA J.

Well, there it is, i wrote it myself, it wasnt easy since i'm not a complete
java nut:

import java.io.*;
import org.cyberneko.html.parsers.*;
import org.xml.sax.InputSource;
import org.w3c.dom.*;
import org.w3c.dom.html.*;
import javax.xml.transform.OutputKeys;
import javax.xml.transform.Transformer;
import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import javax.xml.transform.dom.DOMSource;
import javax.xml.transform.stream.StreamResult;

public String LoadHTML(String filename)
{
Document doc;
FileInputStream inStream;
String s = new String();
String urlIS = new String(filename);
try
{
inStream = new FileInputStream(urlIS);
}
catch (Exception e)
{
return "";
}
DOMParser parser = new DOMParser();
try
{
parser.parse(new InputSource(inStream));
}
catch (Exception e)
{
return "";
}
doc = parser.getDocument();
HTMLInputElement hi =
(HTMLInputElement)doc.getElementById("search");
if (hi!=null)
{
s = hi.getValue().toString();
hi.setValue("seeearch");
s = hi.getValue().toString();
}
StringWriter sw = new StringWriter();
Transformer t = null;
try
{
t = TransformerFactory.newInstance().newTransformer();
}
catch (Exception e)
{
return "";
}
t.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.METHOD, "html");
t.setOutputProperty(OutputKeys.OMIT_XML_DECLARATION, "yes");
try
{
t.transform(new DOMSource(doc), new StreamResult(sw));
}
catch (Exception e)
{
return "";
}
s = sw.toString();
return s;
}

Ufcourse, there seem to be one million other ways to do it