Read mailboxes on exchange 5.5 using aspx

Sunil

Hi,

I am newbie to client applications involving exchange 5.5. My task is to
come up with a web solution where users will be able to view their mailbox
by logging into a portal. I will be using asp.net to develop this
application. Please help me with sample code or links to accomplish this
task. Thanks in advance.

stillneedshelp

From a posting by Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP, found using Google:

"That may not be possible. Access to Exchange 5.5 data is provided by CDO
1.21, which is not supported under .NET."

George Durzi

If you were using a newer version of Exchange, I would recommend downloading
the Exchange SDK, and looking at WebDAV. I use it to open user's outlook
contacts from within ASPX

Max

If the SDK is Active X, then you can create a wrapper around the COM DLL for
use with .NET -- at least that's how I used COM in .NET 3 years ago. I don't
understand why someone would just simply say it's not supported... although
it sounds like upgrading Exchange would be the best option.

-Max