Read only and / or write only class members

I'd like to have a class where a certain properties are read only to the
outside class but read/write within the class. Obviously "const" won't do at
least not how I usually use it. Perhaps something based on "friend"?

I use C++ builder so perhaps "__property" could be used for this purpose
(I've used it for VCL derived classes but I'm not sure if it can be used for
classes that don't derive from VCL). That would be the easiest way probably.

Ian Collins

I'd like to have a class where a certain properties are read only to the
outside class but read/write within the class. Obviously "const" won't do at
least not how I usually use it. Perhaps something based on "friend"?

Make them private and provide a const accessor member function.