Read PDF from ASP

DNKMCA

Hi,

Is it possible to read PDF File using ASP.
Any idea on this regard is appreciated.

Thanks
dnk.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

DNKMCA said:
Hi,

Is it possible to read PDF File using ASP.
Any idea on this regard is appreciated.

That depends on what you want to do with the PDF ... can you be more
specific?

DNKMCA

Tom Kaminski,

I have a PDF file which has around 250 Pages. I want to search for a
particular string for example
say with in Page 100-150 through ASP interface. In this case i have only PDF
File no other data source.

can you please suggest the possibilities.

thanks
DNK.

Tom Kaminski [MVP]

DNKMCA said:
Tom Kaminski,

I have a PDF file which has around 250 Pages. I want to search for a
particular string for example
say with in Page 100-150 through ASP interface. In this case i have only
PDF
File no other data source.

can you please suggest the possibilities.

I'm not aware of anything that can search in that manner (within a page
range). You could use Index Server to search for/within PDFs (after
installing the PDF iFilter from Adobe's site).