Read Picasa metadata using Python?

Thomas W

I know this is slightly off-topic, but since Python is hot at Google
and several key members from the python community works there, I was
hoping to get some help on this subject.

I want to create a small app that reads my Picasa-metadata related to a
specified image and uploads my image and metadata to my
Flickr.com-account ( as far as I know Picasa only support Blogger ).

Anyway, if there are any other app allready reading Picasa metadata
with Flickr-support that you know of that would save me alot of
work/hassle. Still, Picasa is great, but I would really like access to
my own metadata outside Picasa and I want to use python to do it.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

jay graves

Thomas said:
Anyway, if there are any other app allready reading Picasa metadata
with Flickr-support that you know of that would save me alot of
work/hassle. Still, Picasa is great, but I would really like access to
my own metadata outside Picasa and I want to use python to do it.

I've looked at this in the past but I never got further than the
exploration stage.
I'm not at my home machine so this is from memory.
I found all of the data in XML format in the Application Data folder in
your personal directory.
(i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\jgraves\Application Data\Google\Picasa
(probably not exactly right))

Also there is a Google Groups for Picasa and it might have some
pointers in the archives.
http://groups.google.com/group/Picasa?lnk=gschg&hl=en

Have fun!

Jay Graves