Read some hex value in a file for test bench

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Teten, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. Teten

    Teten Guest

    Hi,

    I have a file which contain a lot of hex values 0x47 0x20 0x57 . . . .

    I mus program a testbench which read these values to inject them in a
    vhdl module (to validate it).

    I use the textio package without any good results.

    It is the fist time that i use it and have some difficulties.

    Can you help me ?

    I thank you a lot !

    Teten

    -- my source code which may that (no correct functionning ...)

    PROCESS
    FILE fichier : text IS IN fichier_TS_in;

    VARIABLE ligne : line;
    VARIABLE data_int : STD_LOGIC_VECTOR(7 downto 0);
    VARIABLE good: boolean; -- Status of the read operations
    BEGIN

    WHILE NOT ENDFILE(fichier) LOOP

    readline(fichier, ligne); -- ouverture du fichier ts
    hread(ligne,data_int,good); -- Read the B argumen
    WHILE good LOOP
    WAIT UNTIL rising_edge(CLK_TS); -- pour synchroniser
    DATA_TS <= data_int;
    hread(ligne,data_int,good);
    END LOOP;
    END LOOP;
    END PROCESS;
    Teten, Sep 3, 2005

  2. Teten

    Ajeetha Guest

    Hi,
    What exactly is the problem here? Do you get wrong values being read
    in? Do you see a crash? Please explain and if you like, send me a
    working code (with sample text file) via email @ gmail.com @ ajeetha.

    Good Luck
    www.noveldv.com
    Ajeetha, Sep 3, 2005