read(STDIN, $GN_QUERY, 100); doesn't behave on Windows IIS

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Joe Burnett, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Joe Burnett

    Joe Burnett Guest

    Hello,

    I am using the following perl read function to read form information
    from a client web page:

    read(STDIN, $GN_QUERY, 100);

    Everything works fine on a Linux/Apache server. I get the expected
    parameter and value from the form.

    When I use the same function on Windows/IIS, the perl script stalls.
    When I change it to:

    read(STDIN, $GN_QUERY, 0);

    I get no information on Windows/IIS. When I change it to:

    read(STDIN, $GN_QUERY, 20);

    I get truncated information. When I change it to

    read(STDIN, $GN_QUERY, 33);

    I get exactly what I need. Problem is, I can't anticipate what a user is
    going to type.
    Has anyone seen this? How can I solve or workaround the problem?

    Thanks in advance,

    Joe Burnett
    Joe Burnett, Sep 7, 2003