Read the content of a saved Outlook message...

Guest

Hello !

I have some saved Outlook message (.msg) and I want to read the subject, the
body and the attachments of them for indexation; How to retrieve these
informations ?
Thanks.

John Timney \(MVP\)

Ryo said:
Hello !

I have some saved Outlook message (.msg) and I want to read the subject,
the
body and the attachments of them for indexation; How to retrieve these
informations ?
Thanks.

Reading the subject etc is relatively easy, as its only text in the mail, so
you can read it line by line and simply parse out the fields you want -
takle a look at your message structure in a text editor. Attachments are a
different thing entirely and you need to pop over to one of the exchaneg
groups to get an idea of how to pick them out.

--
Regards

John Timney (MVP)
VISIT MY WEBSITE:
http://www.johntimney.com
http://www.johntimney.com/blog

Guest

Yes, reading the subject, to and from (and ohter little thing) is simple
because there are separation for this element (ex: Subject: Hello World !),
but where begin the body of the mail and where is this end, how to detect
this ?_?
Attachments name are also present in the text but the question is the same,
where is the begining and the ending of the list of attachements.

John Timney \(MVP\)

An attachment is signified with something like:

--part1_cb9.129f532.32693cea_boundary

The difficulty you have is working out how to identify the start an end of
each of them, and extracting them. Hence my suggestion to try one of the
exchange newsgroups as they are likely to have coders who understand this
there.