    "Date" fields on trailer line,i have to compare with the trailer
    record of previous day file.

    Please suggest on this
    sanika, Nov 6, 2011

  2. sanika <> wrote:
    >I have an req where i need to parse the trailer record of file
    >Which is in format like
    >
    >TRL|No. of Records in file|Date
    >
    >What i need to do is read TRL line of file and if "No. of records" &
    >"Date" fields on trailer line,i have to compare with the trailer
    >record of previous day file.
    >
    >Please suggest on this

    What have you done so far? Where are you stuck? Which error messages
    does your code generate? Or in how far does the output not meet your
    expectations?

    If you don't even know where to start here are some pointers for
    starters:
    - perldoc -f open
    - perldoc -f grep
    - perldoc -f split
    - perldoc perlop (and pay special attention to the comparison operators)

    But honestly, this task is so simple that using Perl almost seems to be
    overkill.

    jue
    Jürgen Exner, Nov 6, 2011