Read\Update XML file

siaj

Hi..
I m just trying to learn using XML file as a datastore.

I am reading a dataset from a XML file and then trying to update the XML
file with some changes in the dataset.
My code is as follwoing.

Private Sub ReadUpdateData()
Dim dsUser As New DataSet
dsUser.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("Datafiles\Users.xml"))
DataGrid1.DataSource = dsUser
DataGrid1.DataBind() 'Read data

dsUser.Tables(0).Rows(0).Item(1) = "xyz" 'changed value
dsUser.WriteXml(Server.MapPath("Datafiles\Users.xml"))
End Sub

The Above code gives me error as Access to the path
"C:\...\Datafiles\Users.xml" is denied

any help will be highly aprreciated.

Cheers,
siaj

Lionel LASKE

Check user permission on your directory or change your virtual directory
security permission.
By default, the anonymous ASPNET user had no write access on the virtual
directory.

Lionel.