    level of understanding of VB, but cannot think of a way to make Excel
    interface with ASP.Net.

    Any help would be much appreciated.
    DaveBinM, Mar 25, 2008

  2. "DaveBinM" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > I've got an Excel file that calculates various engineering formulas,
    > and uses VBA to perform certain tasks essential to the calculations,
    > and I now need to make an ASP.Net page that allows someone to input
    > data into a web form, and be input into cells in excel, then return
    > the overall result to a web page (whether the same page or not I do
    > not believe matters). I know a little bit of C# and have a reasonable
    > level of understanding of VB, but cannot think of a way to make Excel
    > interface with ASP.Net.

    http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/default.aspx

    Don't even consider server-side Office automation:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    http://www.markrae.net
    Mark Rae [MVP], Mar 25, 2008

  3. DaveBinM

    DaveBinM Guest

    On Mar 25, 3:35 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "DaveBinM" <> wrote in message

    > > I've got an Excel file that calculates various engineering formulas,
    > > and uses VBA to perform certain tasks essential to the calculations,
    > > and I now need to make an ASP.Net page that allows someone to input
    > > data into a web form, and be input into cells in excel, then return
    > > the overall result to a web page (whether the same page or not I do
    > > not believe matters). I know a little bit of C# and have a reasonable
    > > level of understanding of VB, but cannot think of a way to make Excel
    > > interface with ASP.Net.

    > http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.cells-...
    >
    > Don't even consider server-side Office automation:http://support.microsoft..com/defau.../support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/288367
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Thanks for that,
    The program would only be used by about 6 or so different users, and
    would be secured using a certificate and username/password
    authentication. I'm not sure if that would affect the stability given
    the small number of users, and I doubt there would be more than one
    user at a time.
    DaveBinM, Mar 25, 2008
  4. "DaveBinM" <> wrote in message

    > I'm not sure if that would affect the stability given the small number of
    > users,
    > and I doubt there would be more than one user at a time.

    If you're referring to server-side Office automation, the number of
    (concurrent) users is irrelevant - that's not what makes it unstable...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Mar 25, 2008
  5. DaveBinM

    DaveBinM Guest

    On Mar 25, 4:11 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "DaveBinM" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm not sure if that would affect the stability given the small number of
    > > users,
    > > and I doubt there would be more than one user at a time.

    > If you're referring to server-side Office automation, the number of
    > (concurrent) users is irrelevant - that's not what makes it unstable...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae
    > ASP.NET MVPhttp://www.markrae.net

    Okay, I will endeavour to find an alternative solution to my problem,
    thank you very much for your help.
    DaveBinM, Mar 25, 2008
  6. Mark Rae [MVP], Mar 25, 2008
  7. DaveBinM

    DaveBinM Guest

    On Mar 25, 4:44 pm, "Mark Rae [MVP]" <> wrote:
    > "DaveBinM" <> wrote in message

    > > Okay, I will endeavour to find an alternative solution to my problem,
    > > thank you very much for your help.

    > I've already provided you with an alternative solution:http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.cells-...
    >
    > --
    > Mark Rae