Read/Write from Excel using ASP.Net

DaveBinM

Hi,
I've got an Excel file that calculates various engineering formulas,
and uses VBA to perform certain tasks essential to the calculations,
and I now need to make an ASP.Net page that allows someone to input
data into a web form, and be inputted into cells in excel, then return
the overall result to a web page (whether the same page or not I do
not believe matters). I know a little bit of C# and have a reasonable
level of understanding of VB, but cannot think of a way to make Excel
interface with ASP.Net.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I've got an Excel file that calculates various engineering formulas,
and uses VBA to perform certain tasks essential to the calculations,
and I now need to make an ASP.Net page that allows someone to input
data into a web form, and be input into cells in excel, then return
the overall result to a web page (whether the same page or not I do
not believe matters). I know a little bit of C# and have a reasonable
level of understanding of VB, but cannot think of a way to make Excel
interface with ASP.Net.

http://www.aspose.com/categories/file-format-components/aspose.cells-for-.net-and-java/default.aspx

Don't even consider server-side Office automation:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257757#kb2

DaveBinM

Thanks for that,
The program would only be used by about 6 or so different users, and
would be secured using a certificate and username/password
authentication. I'm not sure if that would affect the stability given
the small number of users, and I doubt there would be more than one
user at a time.

Mark Rae [MVP]

I'm not sure if that would affect the stability given the small number of
users,
and I doubt there would be more than one user at a time.

If you're referring to server-side Office automation, the number of
(concurrent) users is irrelevant - that's not what makes it unstable...

DaveBinM

If you're referring to server-side Office automation, the number of
(concurrent) users is irrelevant - that's not what makes it unstable...

Okay, I will endeavour to find an alternative solution to my problem,
thank you very much for your help.