    How to write a C program to read xls file?
    I just need the cell value, any example?

    Thanks

    Terry chan, Jun 30, 2003

  2. In 'comp.lang.c', "Terry chan" <> wrote:

    > How to write a C program to read xls file?

    You have to write the code yourself. Do your best and post it here for a
    review or for debugging.

    > I just need the cell value, any example?

    No. If you have the specs, I don't see were the problem is.

    --
    -ed- [remove YOURBRA before answering me]
    <blank line>

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Jun 30, 2003

  3. "Terry chan" <> writes:

    > How to write a C program to read xls file?
    > I just need the cell value, any example?

    This is probably almost impossible for a mere mortal, certainly
    impossible using only "standard C". However be aware that in Excel you
    can do a "Save As" CSV file (comma separated variable). This is ASCII
    text like:

    "1234, 5678, 1234"

    Etc. This can then be more straightforwardly interpreted (with standard C
    functions).

    --

    John Devereux

    John Devereux, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Emmanuel Delahaye wrote:

    > In 'comp.lang.c', "Terry chan" <> wrote:
    >
    >> How to write a C program to read xls file?

    > You have to write the code yourself. Do your best and post it here for a
    > review or for debugging.

    Actually, he'd be better off writing this in C++ using the Microsoft
    structured storage API. Reading .XLS files in C ain't funny.

    I suggest comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for the OP's next port of
    call.

    >> I just need the cell value, any example?

    > No. If you have the specs, I don't see were the problem is.

    Ah, but have you ever done this before? :)

    --
    Richard Heathfield :

    Richard Heathfield, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Terry chan

    Alan Balmer Guest

    On Tue, 1 Jul 2003 00:16:32 +0800, "Terry chan" <>
    wrote:

    >How to write a C program to read xls file?
    >I just need the cell value, any example?
    >
    >Thanks

    Go to www.wotsit.org and search for excel. You'll find information on
    the file format.

    --
    Al Balmer
    Balmer Consulting

    Alan Balmer, Jun 30, 2003
  6. In 'comp.lang.c', Richard Heathfield <> wrote:

    >>> How to write a C program to read xls file?

    >> You have to write the code yourself. Do your best and post it here for a
    >> review or for debugging.

    > Actually, he'd be better off writing this in C++ using the Microsoft
    > structured storage API. Reading .XLS files in C ain't funny.

    Darn, what the heck is that XLS? Ah, Excel, all right...

    > I suggest comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32 for the OP's next port of
    > call.
    >
    >>> I just need the cell value, any example?

    >> No. If you have the specs, I don't see were the problem is.

    > Ah, but have you ever done this before? :)

    No, but the problem is that I read 'xms' instead of 'xls' ;-)

    To the OP, please, discard my previous answer.

    Emmanuel Delahaye, Jul 1, 2003