reading a structure containing pointers using softice !!

bluekarthik

hi,

In simple words 'How to view / Read the various elements
values in a structure at a particular point of my DRV ?'

The Story is ->>>>
i am using softice for tracking/hunting a bug .
I am able to locate and get the address of the structure from the
stack.

eg:-
Consider, lpvDevice located at 0x06CF:FB42.
But, neither CS/DS/SS/ES/FS/GS has 0x06cf value.

i did try many ways . Is there anything special in softice
for viewing the structure details ... ????

dl 0x06CF:FB42 - displays some values ??? But, am i right here ?
The structure has many elements and i am able
to c only few !!
actually dl will list only virtual/physical
memory - does this have the structure elements
values ???? clear me friends !!!

how to view/read the values from that address so that
i could get the values of the variables in the structure.

how to get the values of the strucure's elements using
softice ?

Do, plz respond,
karthik bala guru

Jens.Toerring

In simple words 'How to view / Read the various elements
values in a structure at a particular point of my DRV ?'
The Story is ->>>>
i am using softice for tracking/hunting a bug .
I am able to locate and get the address of the structure from the
stack.
eg:-
Consider, lpvDevice located at 0x06CF:FB42.
But, neither CS/DS/SS/ES/FS/GS has 0x06cf value.
i did try many ways . Is there anything special in softice
for viewing the structure details ... ????

Sorry, but I can't see anything related to the language C in your
question, which is the topic of this group. Having heard that
"SoftICE" is a program that gets used under Windows I would
strongly recommend that you ask that kind of questions in a
newsgroup where Windows issues get discussed. And since this
seems to be about the use of a specific program on that platform
you might get better results when you try to find a group
(or some other forum like a mailing list) where people discuss
the use of that program. And did you think about contacting the
technical support of the company that produces "SoftICE"?

Regards, Jens

bluekarthik

The development is in 'C' language only
and i think(beleive) that the bug in my driver is due to that
structure's element only !!

actually i was using the 'reverse engineering term' as a point
to track my driver bug only in which i lost control(almost forgot)
in the course of my development .
(development deviation from that particular driver for quite long time)
Anyhow thanx for ur info.
karthik bala guru