reading and writing to the video frame buffer

dduran

I'm on Windows XP using Visual C++ 6.0.

I need to capture the image in the video frame buffer,
modify it by putting a small graphic along the bottom
sixteenth of the image, and write it back to the video
frame buffer for display in somewhat real time.

Any leads to working code or function calls in openML,
openGL, or other would be most appreciated. A solution
comparable to the openGL DMbuffer extensions for
XFree86 and IRIX operating systems would also work perfectly.
Thank you -

mlimber

dduran said:
I'm on Windows XP using Visual C++ 6.0.

I need to capture the image in the video frame buffer,
modify it by putting a small graphic along the bottom
sixteenth of the image, and write it back to the video
frame buffer for display in somewhat real time.

Any leads to working code or function calls in openML,
openGL, or other would be most appreciated. A solution
comparable to the openGL DMbuffer extensions for
XFree86 and IRIX operating systems would also work perfectly.
Thank you -

This is off-topic here where we focus on *standard* C++ language and
libraries. See the FAQ for what is on-topic and for some suggestions of
better places to post:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9

Cheers! --M