    bandwidth and might be noticable...

    I found cookie files of the site, and they both say PHPSESSID, and then have
    a large string, encrypted I guess. Anyway to decrypt that and read it?

    Global, Jan 6, 2007

  2. Global

    Arjen Guest

    Global schreef:
    > Hi, Im writing a program in which there is a welcome page, similar to
    > Microsoft and Borland developer studios' welcome pages. Basically, there is
    > a web site (not mine), to which all users come. I want to find out user
    > name, there are two ways, read the cookie, or grab HTML from web site and
    > analyze it and find user name. Second one is not a big deal, but takes
    > bandwidth and might be noticable...
    >
    > I found cookie files of the site, and they both say PHPSESSID, and then have
    > a large string, encrypted I guess. Anyway to decrypt that and read it?

    No see http://php.net/session

    And if it were my page you were scripting on you would be blocked within
    a day :)

    --
    Arjen
    http://www.hondenpage.com

    Arjen, Jan 6, 2007

  3. Global

    Global Guest

    > And if it were my page you were scripting on you would be blocked within a
    > day :)

    Oh there is so much to do to avoid that. For example I can play with
    reffers and client IDs, pull at different times and only once. Basically
    youd think people are browsing your site. :)

    Global, Jan 6, 2007
  4. Global

    Floortje Guest

    Global schreef:
    >> And if it were my page you were scripting on you would be blocked within a
    >> day :)
    >>

    > Oh there is so much to do to avoid that. For example I can play with
    > reffers and client IDs, pull at different times and only once. Basically
    > youd think people are browsing your site. :)

    Hehe that's true but it's a lot of work.

    Couldn't you just aks the site owner ? With PHP it isn't hard to create
    an XML dump once a day.

    --
    Arjen
    http://www.hondenpage.com

    Floortje, Jan 6, 2007
  5. Global

    Global Guest

    > Hehe that's true but it's a lot of work.
    >
    > Couldn't you just aks the site owner ? With PHP it isn't hard to create an
    > XML dump once a day.

    Thats too difficult, because Im not familiar with PHP. Im going different
    route now. Instead of reading cookie, Im going to read the offline document
    (HTML).. If that dont work, then I could check the site at least once.

    Global, Jan 6, 2007