Reading dbf file over network possible?

Vijoy Varghese

Hello Group,

My perl program is on a Mac OSX and the dbf file on a Windows
machine(both networked).
My question is can I perform a DBI->connect("DBI:XBase: ... ") from
the Mac to access the dbf file on Windows machine giving its IP
address? If yes, what will be its format? Do I need any other Perl
networking modules to do so?

Or is there is any other option?

Or is its something IMPOSSIBLE?
Waiting for some help

TIA
Vijoy

Hello Group,
My perl program is on a Mac OSX and the dbf file on a Windows
machine(both networked).
My question is can I perform a DBI->connect("DBI:XBase: ... ") from
the Mac to access the dbf file on Windows machine giving its IP
address? If yes, what will be its format? Do I need any other Perl
networking modules to do so?

Or is there is any other option?

Or is its something IMPOSSIBLE?
Waiting for some help

TIA
yea i saw something on CPAN that does just that (using ftp).
it's listed under network modules can't miss it. g'luck