Reading Excel sheet from asp.net returns empty cell

Guest

I am having a problem i bleieve a number of other individuals have had
before. I have tried the solutions found on the net however I still have the
problem.

I am hosting a web site on an external server (i do not have access to
registry).

I am using the following connection string to read values from rows from an
excel sheet into a dataset/datatable. One of the columns contains
alpha-numeric values ie. 400c
When accessing the value of this cell it returns "" (empty string).

I am using the following connection string
"Dim strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
obj.SaveFileName & ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;""

I have tried adding combinations of the following also.
HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text;

The exception i get "No installable ISAM". Does anyone have experience with
this problem. Thank you very muhc

-dave

Guest

Hi Dave,

In Connection String, HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text are Extended
Properties. Hence it should like follows:

Dim strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDB.4.0;Data
Source=ExcelFile; Extended Properties=""Excel
8.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text """

HTH

Elton Wang

Joined
Sep 5, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
hi

i have used the above connection string . but it shows the error

Could not find the Installation ISAM file..

How shall i Clear this error ??