Reading Excel sheet from asp.net returns empty cell

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=, Feb 12, 2006.

  1. I am having a problem i bleieve a number of other individuals have had
    before. I have tried the solutions found on the net however I still have the
    problem.

    I am hosting a web site on an external server (i do not have access to
    registry).

    I am using the following connection string to read values from rows from an
    excel sheet into a dataset/datatable. One of the columns contains
    alpha-numeric values ie. 400c
    When accessing the value of this cell it returns "" (empty string).

    I am using the following connection string
    "Dim strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDB.4.0;Data Source=" &
    obj.SaveFileName & ";Extended Properties=Excel 8.0;""

    I have tried adding combinations of the following also.
    HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text;

    The exception i get "No installable ISAM". Does anyone have experience with
    this problem. Thank you very muhc

    -dave
    =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Hi Dave,

    In Connection String, HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text are Extended
    Properties. Hence it should like follows:

    Dim strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDB.4.0;Data
    Source=ExcelFile; Extended Properties=""Excel
    8.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text """

    HTH

    Elton Wang

    =?Utf-8?B?RWx0b24gVw==?=, Feb 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2ZQ==?=

    venkatu2005

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    hi

    i have used the above connection string . but it shows the error

    Could not find the Installation ISAM file..

    How shall i Clear this error ??
    venkatu2005, Sep 5, 2009