Reading Excel sheet from asp.net returns empty cell

Discussion in '.NET' started by venkatu2005, Sep 5, 2009.

  1. venkatu2005

    venkatu2005

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    Messages:
    4
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,,

    I am uploading the Excel sheet to Dataset ...

    for this i have used the oledb conn string ..

    I am using the following connection string to read values from rows from an
    excel sheet into a dataset/datatable. One of the columns contains
    alpha-numeric values ie. 400c
    When accessing the value of this cell it returns "" (empty string).

    Dim strconn As String = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OleDB.4.0;Data
    Source=ExcelFile; Extended Properties=""Excel
    8.0;HDR=YES;IMEX=1;ImportMixedTypes=Text """

    It shosw the error Could not Find the Installation ISAM File

    venkatu2005, Sep 5, 2009