Reading EXIF info from JPEG

Vladish

Hi all,

I wonder, if anybody here has any source code or component, which can
read EXIF informations from JPEG pictures. Or some good, easy to
understood, description of JPEG files. I didn't find anything useful on
web yet.

Thanks very much for any help.

Vladish

Default User

Vladish said:
Hi all,

I wonder, if anybody here has any source code or component, which can
read EXIF informations from JPEG pictures. Or some good, easy to
understood, description of JPEG files. I didn't find anything useful on
web yet.

This is not source wanted newsgroup. As far as C is concerned, jpegs
are just binary files.

To find a description of these files, or most any other, go to:

http://www.wotsit.org

Brian

Richard Bos

Vladish said:
I wonder, if anybody here has any source code or component, which can
read EXIF informations from JPEG pictures. Or some good, easy to
understood, description of JPEG files.

That's not a C question, but a file format (or algorithm) question. Once
you know how a JPEG file looks, it should not be much of a problem. But
have you seen <http://www.wotsit.org/>? They have full specs for the
JPEG format, and some information on EXIF, as well.

Richard