Reading file on network drive through UNC , IIS 6

mavrick_101

Hi,

Here is my problem again. I am using ASP (old) and IIS6.0

I am trying to read a file which resides on \\FILESERVER\MYFOLDER\myfile.txt

I can not map this server on the webserver. I need to access it through UNC.

I have a domain account which when used with ASP.NET works fine through
impersonation. I use it for ASPUpload and it works fine to save files on
\\FILESERVER\MYFOLDER\

I want to read the file through FILESYSTEMOBJECT. I don't know if I can
impersonate using FILE SYSTEM OJBECT.

How can I read the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Phillip Windell

mavrick_101 said:
Hi,

Here is my problem again.

And you will just get the same answer. Creating a new thread to repeat the
same question will just confuse some people and really irritate others.