    something with it when it packages).

    Are there any alternatives other than the PDFToolkit? I'm assuming the
    toolkit will not work unless you make those /System32 changes?
    Max Power, Dec 18, 2009

  2. On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Max Power <> w=
    rote:

    > Are there any alternatives other than the PDFToolkit? =A0I'm assuming the
    > toolkit will not work unless you make those /System32 changes?

    PDF::Reader is pure ruby but quite low-level.

    http://github.com/yob/pdf-reader
    Gregory Brown, Dec 18, 2009

  3. Max Power

    Max Power Guest

    Gregory Brown wrote:
    > On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:04 PM, Max Power
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Are there any alternatives other than the PDFToolkit? �I'm assuming the
    >> toolkit will not work unless you make those /System32 changes?

    > PDF::Reader is pure ruby but quite low-level.
    >
    > http://github.com/yob/pdf-reader

    Thanks for the reply. This looks like what I'm looking for. Man, it's
    amazing the difference in results you'll get in google searching for
    "reading from a pdf in ruby" than "pdf reader in ruby" :eek:)

    thanks again!

    Max Power, Dec 18, 2009
  4. Max Power

    Bob Smyph Guest

    Bob Smyph, Sep 8, 2010
  5. [Note: parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]

    http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/

    <http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/>

    origami is a Ruby framework designed to parse, analyze, and forge PDF
    documents. This is NOT a PDF rendering library. It aims at providing a
    scripting tool<http://www.darknet.org.uk/2009/10/origami-parse-analyze-forge-pdf-documents/#>
    generate and analyze malicious PDF files. As well, it can be used to create
    on-the-fly customized PDFs, or to inject (evil) code into already existing
    documents.

    Dominic Sisneros, Sep 8, 2010