    there seems to be a problem when image size is more than 200kB

    Can anyone tell me what may be the reasons for this.

    Thanks
    Bhanu, Oct 5, 2006

  2. Bhanu

    Bhanu Guest

    I am trying to read bmp images

    Bhanu, Oct 5, 2006

  3. Bhanu wrote:

    Please refreain from top-posting, even replies to your own posts

    > Bhanu wrote:

    > > Whenever i m trying to read an image using either ImageIO.read(..)

    > > there seems to be a problem when image size is more than 200kB

    > I am trying to read bmp images

    I just tried loading two BMP's from the command line,
    Greenstone.bmp 26 Kb \WINNT\
    Bliss.bmp 1,407 Kb \WINNT\Web\Wallpaper
    Both successfully loaded (I printed image width/height).

    ...so, from that, I can say that there is probably something
    wrong on your side, with
    - the code,
    - the JVM, or
    - the BMP's.