reading input file

Discussion in 'Perl' started by Sami, Feb 16, 2004.

  1. Sami

    Sami Guest

    Hello, I have this problem that I need your help with : I am reading a
    config file that contain the following :

    [version]
    2004

    [type]
    update

    [scripts]
    scripts_file1
    scripts_file2

    inside my scripts_file# , I have something like this :

    #scripts_file1
    #DO update
    ../script1
    ../script2

    in the other script I have
    #scripts_file2
    #Do delete
    ../script21

    what I am trying to do is read the config file and find out the type
    which is "update" in this case .Then read the scripts section and
    findout which file contain the update type , in this case it is
    scripts_file1. So my script that is reading the config file will only
    run scripts_file1 and not scripts_file2. I hope this is clear , if not
    I can try to clear it more . thanks for the help.
    Sami, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Sami wrote:
    > Hello, I have this problem that I need your help with :

    <snip>

    > what I am trying to do is read the config file and find out the
    > type which is "update" in this case .Then read the scripts section
    > and findout which file contain the update type , in this case it is
    > scripts_file1. So my script that is reading the config file will
    > only run scripts_file1 and not scripts_file2.

    You forgot to post your script. I for one would also need a clearer
    description of the *nature* of the problem that you have encountered.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Feb 16, 2004